Haven now requires the Bordetella Booster every 6 months. If your vet administers the Bordetella injection it must be given a minimum of 7 days prior to services at Haven. If your vet administers the Bordetella intranasal spray, it must be given a minimum of 3 days prior to services at Haven. If your dog exhibits any coughing, they must refrain from attending Haven for at least 14 days after coughing has resolved.
Additionally, we will now be requiring the H3N2 flu vaccine (or flu vaccine applicable at time of stay). If flu is not a concern in our region, this will be reviewed and vaccine requirements applied as appropriate. The H3N2 vaccine requires a booster three weeks after the initial injection, please allow enough time prior to your dog’s stay.
We require ownership of your pup for a minimum of 30 days prior to obtaining services from either of our facilities. Owners will certify their dog(s) are in good health and have not been ill with a communicable condition(s) during this 30 day period.
Sleep Overs (Dog Boarding)
All female dogs older than 6 months must be spayed; male dogs 1 year of age or displaying over zealous behaviors must be neutered.* We welcome unaltered puppies who have received their complete round of puppy shots to come and stay with us. (After 6 months – see above).
All dogs must be healthy and current on vaccines:
- H3N2 Flu
- 6-month Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
If you would like your dog to participate in our day play and they are over 4 months of age they will need to pass our temperament/behavior test ($20).
Day Play (Dog Daycare)
- All dogs must pass our one-time temperament/ behavior test ($20).
- Be at least 16 weeks of age and have completed their first three puppy series vaccinations.
- All female dogs older than 6 months must be spayed; male dogs 1 year of age or displaying over zealous behaviors must be neutered.*
- All dogs must be healthy and current on vaccines:
Rabies, Distemper, H3N2 Flu and 6-month Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- Well-socialized with other dogs and able to demonstrate appropriate behavior in a group setting.
* Elder, medically-challenged and/or other situations may exclude some requirements, please discuss with our Canine Concierge.